Permaculture Products is your source for sustainability products. Living sustainability requires commitment and dedication in order to get to a comfortable level of living. Once you are setup it is very easy to maintain. Below are the 5 areas that we see as the most crucial to living off grid.
1. Buy your land: Look for land that is affordable, has a good water source or good ground water, is in a safe political environment, and can be farmed 6 months out of the year.
2. Secure your water: Setup a well, rainwater catch and very large water storage tanks
3. Build your shelter: Look for cost effective ways to build on your land. Used shipping containers, FEMA Trailers, Tiny Homes and even yurts offer sustainable ways to live off grid at a very low cost.
4. Secure your Food supply: Setup gardens and raise livestock. Also store and save food for winter months and year round.
5. Secure your safety: Be sure to create a safe environment to protect your family and friends.